11 May 2010

VOLUNTEERS

Well as volunteers go we are being treated extremely well here at Vintage Vision ! Not only do we get to volunteer at the best shop in Abergavenny, meet the nicest people and sell the most gorgeous clothes, we also get taken out on trips and are fed and watered before being returned safely home.
There are about 20 volunteers now in and around the shop and last Sunday 7 of us were taken on a fantastic day out in Cardiff to a Blind Lemon Vintage fare where there were several stalls of wonderful clothes for us to admire. Of course we all bought something for our own collections but it was amazing to see so many people who obviously love vintage fashion as much as we do! We heard some really interesting stories about the history of the clothes and this is often the case in the shop when customers donate items and tell us about their background. We have heard "I wore this on my first date with my husband", "I had this exact dress in the 60s but mine was in blue" and "Oh how I wish I had kept my outfit like this, I wore it to the Saturday afternoon tea-dance in 1953". Speaking of the 1950s have you seen the gorgeous Mad Men dress which we have arriving very shortly - hope it's my size !

No comments:

Post a Comment