2 May 2010

Vintage Vision

Planning at trip to Wales? Make sure you stop by Abergavenny and pop into the Vintage Vision store. My name's Corinne and I run a blog called Used and Abused Vintage with my friend Mia. I adore vintage clothes and I have been known to spend far too long trawling the internet searching for the perfect 60s mini dress.

My mum (Marion) is one of the volunteers at Vintage Vision and she set up this blog to talk about the shop and her love of vintage clothing. I visited the shop for the first time yesterday and was totally in aweof how cute and pretty it is! Think floral vintage fabrics, 50s music, perfectly displayed antique hats and truly gorgeous dresses from the 30s right through to the 80s.

I literally spent hours running my fingers through the rails and rails of gorgeous donated clothing. There's none of that musty vintage clothes smell that high street shoppers avoid like the plague! Everything is perfectly displayed by colour on wooden coat hangers, and little trinkets and flowers are laid out on tables.

Growing up in Abergavenny I was always disappointed by the lack of available vintage clothing. I remember trapsing through the streets of Cardiff trying to find unique items that wouldn't set me back too much money. Nothing. But now there's this wonderful shop! If only it had opened 10 years ago!

Here are a few of my favourite items from the store for your perusal! Check out this gorgeous 50s dress with matching house coat. So Betty Draper!
50s dress with matching house coat

Next up, these stunning fru fru pink hats with ruffles and bows, which look good enough to eat...

Pretty in pink!
This perfect net underskirt would look amazing layered with this season's nudes...
Net underskirt

And these brogues with a heel have a gorgeous feminine twist...

Gorgeous vintage brogue heels

The perfect shearling jacket...

The perfect shearling jacket


Get to Abergavenny, you NEED to check this place out!

Corinne

1 comment:

  1. You look lovely!

    I love that underskirt!

    Little Rachael Vintage
    Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete